These cupcakes are to die for! After I tasted them, I was hooked. If you are in need of a treat for a Halloween party or you’re just in need of a treat, try these! I found this recipe on Pinterest last Fall. It was from an amazing blog called Two Peas And Their Pod. If you want to check out the original recipe click here.
I followed the recipe exactly for the cupcake part. I love the brown butter in the cupcake. It really compliments the pumpkin flavor.
Trust me when I say that after just one bite of these lovely cupcakes, you will be hiding the rest of them so you will be able to eat them all yourself! They really are that good. Come on, what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Until next time,
Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
- To make the brown butter pumpkin cupcakes: preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown. Skim foam from top, and remove from heat. Pour into a bowl to stop the cooking, leaving any burned sediment behind; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, and brown butter. Add the flour mixture, and whisk until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer pans to a wire cooling rack and cool completely before removing cupcakes.
Salted Caramel Sauce
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half
4 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Combine the brown sugar, half-and-half, and butter in a sauce pan. Cook on medium low heat, whisking the entire time, for 6 minutes or until it slightly thickens. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly.
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
To make the frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.
- Add powder sugar and mix until there are no more lumps.
- Add the caramel sauce and gently fold into the frosting until well combined.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and lightly drizzle some of the remaining caramel over the top of the cupcakes. Refrigerate the remaining cupcakes for up to three days.