I needed a finger food for a party I was going to the other night. After taking inventory in my pantry and fridge and a hour of playing in the kitchen this is what I came up with. I used Craisins Blueberry Juice Infused Dried Cranberries. They can be found in any grocery store next to the original Craisins.
This cheese ball is very versatile. You can make mini cheese balls and serve them on a Ritz cracker or put a pretzel stick in the center of the ball. If you want to go a different route, try using it for the filling in a pin wheel. If you are more of the traditionalist, you can always stick with the classic cheese ball and serve it with crackers. Anyway that you choose to serve it or eat it, it will be a hit!
Until Next time,
Blueberry Feta Cheese Ball
2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1 /2 cup crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 1/2 cup of Craisins blueberry juice infused dried cranberries (that’s a mouthful!), coarsely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. dried rosemary
2 cups of chopped pecans or sliced almonds
10 8 in flour tortillas ( for pin wheels)
1. Add the cream cheese, feta cheese, sugar, cinnamon, rosemary and green onions to a large bowl. With a electric mixer, mix the cheese until it is well blended.
2. Fold the coarsely chopped blueberries into the cheese mixture.
3. Shape the cheese into a ball and roll in the nuts until it is completely coated.
4. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For Mini Cheese Balls:
1. Roll 1 tsp. of cheese into the nuts and shape it into a ball. Repeat this process with the remaining cheese mixture.
2. Stick a pretzel stick in the center of the mini cheese ball or place them on a Ritz cracker.
3. Place the cheese balls on a plate, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes about 18 mini cheese balls
For Pin Wheels:
1. Spread 2 to 3 tbsp. of the cheese mixture onto a flour tortilla.
2. Roll it up tight, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Repeat this process with the remaining cheese mixture.
3. Remove the tortillas from the plastic wrap. Cut off the ends of the tortillas. Slice them vertically in 2 to 3 inch slices. Place them cut side up on a plate or serving tray. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is linked to the following parties: