If you are looking for the perfect side to accompany your holiday dinner, look no further. I was so excited when I stumbled across this recipe on the Little Dairy On The Prairie. These carrots will fool even the pickiest of eaters. In fact when I made these a few weeks ago, my older sister who said she hated cooked carrots loved them after only one bite. With only 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes needed to create this scrumptious side dish, you really can’t go wrong. So relax, your vegetable side dish for your Christmas dinner is covered. Now, go and enjoy the rest of your holiday season.
Until next time,
Maple Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb of carrots, all similar size and thickness
- 2 T. butter
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- ⅓ c. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash and peel carrots. Quarter each carrot length wise and cut into 3 inch sticks.
2.Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter. Sautee carrots for 2 minutes.
3. Turn skillet down to medium low. Add salt, syrup and brown sugar.
4. Stirring often, continue to cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until carrots are fork tender and glaze is thickened and reduced.
5.Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Little Dairy on the Prairie
This recipe is linked to: