So I have made this cornbread twice this week already. It is so moist and delicious! My kids love it so much that they want to snack on it all day.
It is easy to make and you can mix it up really fast while you are getting the rest of your dinner ready. By the time everybody is sitting down for dinner, you will have a hot pan of cornbread to go along with your meal.
With love from my kitchen to yours,
1 cup of butter, melted
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of cornmeal
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Grease a 9×13 inch pan and place it in the oven while the oven heats up.
2. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and the sugar together. Cream the egg into the butter mixture. Add the buttermilk and sour cream to the butter mixture and mix well.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda together.
4. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
5. Pour the cornbread batter into the hot 9×13 pan. Place it in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.